Vegan & Vegetarian at Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival 2020
Disclosure: I attended a media event to try the Food & Wine Festival offerings complimentary. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s the tastiest time of the year again! The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is back until April 21, 2020. Of course inside Disney California Adventure Park there are tasty options throughout the park, but also this year there are lots of tasty offerings throughout Downtown Disney! I had the opportunity to give some of the Food & Wine Festival exclusive offerings, including some off-menu vegan and vegetarian options.
Downtown Disney District Vegan & Vegetarian Festival Offerings
You can find exclusive festival offerings at Ballast Point, Catal, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Splitsville, and Salt & Straw. I got the scoop for you on the vegetarian and vegan options they offer, with some off-menu, by request only. These exclusive offerings will be available until April 21, 2020.
- Impossible Lettuce Cups (Vegan) with designated beer flight
- The Ballast Point burger with an Impossible patty (Vegetarian with cheese and sauce, or vegan by request) with designated beer flight
- (Off-menu, by request) Vegetarian crostini: Whipped ricotta with basil pesto
- (Off-menu, by request) Burrata spoon with balsamic glaze (Vegetarian)
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Creole Cobbler Cocktail (gin based)
- (Off-menu, by request) Impossible burger slider duo (vegetarian, or vegan upon request with no cheese and no sauce)
Salt & Straw
- Apple Pie with Beecher’s Flagship Cheesecake ice cream (dairy-based)
Disney California Adventure Park Vegan & Vegetarian Offerings
After the delicious food crawl at Downtown Disney District, Amelia and I headed into Disney California Adventure Park to experience the vegan and vegetarian offerings there for Food & Wine Festival. Here’s what we found, plus the booths you can find them:
Nuts About Cheese
- Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup (Vegetarian)
- Impossible Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese (Vegetarian)
- Oikos Greek Yogurt Banoffee Tart (Vegetarian)
- Artisan Cheese Selection (Vegetarian)
One in a Melon
- Compressed watermelon & tomato with whipped ricotta and lemon olive oil (Vegetarian)
- Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber (Vegan)
- Pabana Cream Puff (Vegetarian)
- Creamy poblano pepper pasta (Vegetarian)
LA Style Marketplace
- Monkey Bread with caramel whiskey glaze and candied pecans (Vegetarian)
Avocado Time Marketplace
- Petite Impossible burger with guac and pepper jack (Vegetarian)
Off the Cob Marketplace
- Mickey-shaped caramel peanut milk chocolate macaron (Vegetarian)
I <3 Artichokes Marketplace
- Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli (Vegetarian)
- Artichoke Toast with artichoke cream cheese and olive & artichoke tapenade (Vegetarian)
Berry Patch Marketplace
- Raspberry-lychee-rose custard with mixed berry compote (Vegetarian)
- Oikos Greek yogurt california berries summer pudding (Vegetarian)
Paradise Garden Grill
- Impossible Meatball submarine (Vegan). This comes in both a full-sized entree portion and tasting portion you can use your Sip and Savor pass on
- Black Forest parfait (Vegetarian)
Outdoor Vending Carts
- Sweet Empanada with Caramel Sauce (Vegan)
In addition to the amazing vegan and vegetarian offerings, don’t forget to try some tasty cocktails, wines and beers! The two I’ve tried so far was the Aperol cocktail (from Garlic Kissed) that tasted similar to my favorite Lunar New Year 2020 cocktail the Lychee-Grapefruit gin spritzer, and the mimosa flight! The mimosa flight had the Pacific Mimosa (a coconut flavor), the Mojave Mimosa (which tastes like fresh peach) and the Sierra Mimosa (with a floral taste).
For the full foodie guide including beverage offerings and food options in addition to vegan and vegetarian dishes, you can visit the Disney Parks Blog Foodie Guide here.
Sip and Savor Pass
Each year, we always get a Sip and Savor pass since we go to Disney California Adventure multiple times during the Food & Wine Festival! It is available for purchase near The Little Mermaid attraction at Disney California Adventure. It is $56 for regular price passes (Annual Passholders also receive a discounted price), and it comes with eight tabs redeemable for eight tastings (alcoholic beverages excluded) at the Food & Wine Festival booths. You can learn more information about the Sip and Savor Pass here.
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival With Kids
A question I often get asked each year, is if the Food & Wine Festival is also fun for kids. The answer is: YES! You can check out my full post on Food & Wine Festival with kids here, but below is a summary of some of the things my daughter loves to do:
- Tasting the “kid-friendly” foods such as the Impossible Mac & Cheese and Impossible Submarine which my daughter loves (and the perfect portion size for kids too)
- Tasting the festival desserts
- Meeting Chef Goofy in Hollywood Land (this is the first year this is being offered)
- Coloring and activity tables themed to cooking in Hollywood Land
- Participating in Junior Chef, where you can bake cookies with Goofy! (complimentary)
Be sure to visit Disney California Adventure Park for the Food & Wine Festival by April 21, 2020! You can find more info about the festival here, as well as see the full food guide in addition to the vegan and vegetarian options on the Disney Parks Blog.