Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten-Free at Tropical Hideaway at Disneyland Resort
PSA: Tropical Hideaway is now open! I was able to get a sneak peek of it yesterday and enjoy the AMAZING foods when I have to offer. I am not exaggerating when I say I think it is now my favorite place to eat at Disneyland Resort. I feel like Disneyland park was missing something vegetarian that was a bit different. While I enjoy their veggie burgers, grilled cheese and the Bengal BBQ Skewers, I wanted something a little more unusual. This hit the spot! Not only is the atmosphere wonderful (you have got to try to get a seat along the water that has a view of The Jungle Cruise), complete with a talking Rosita, but the food is delicious and on the healthier side!
Color key: Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-Free
So here’s a rundown of the savory foods you can find:
- Spicy Vegetable Bao Bun (vegetarian): This bao bun tasted just like the on at Satul’i Canteen in Pandora if you’ve ever had that! One was the perfect filling snack. For a meal I would order a vegetable bao bun with a chilled ramen shaker salad (see below).
- Chilled Ramen Shaker Salad (vegetarian): Just like the shaker salads at McDonalds way back when, this is the same packaging. Except the salad inside is healthy, and very delicious! It has ramen noodles, veggies, and spicy cashews. It’s great if you’re in a hurry and want a grab-and-go option.
- Variety of Grab-and-Go Snacks: Something I loved at this location is that they have a lot of healthier packaged foods if you’re craving a crunchy or quick snack, including:
- Hippeas in Vegan White Cheddar (vegan, gluten-free) and Sriracha (vegetarian, gluten-free)
- Salted Plantain Chips (my fave!) (vegan, gluten-free)
- Whole fruit (vegan, gluten-free)
- Dried fruit and nut trail mix (vegan, gluten-free)
And here’s a rundown of the sweet treats. The treats were so fun since there are THREE new flavors of Dole Whips at Tropical Hideaway, as well as a Dole Whip sundae:
- Sweet Lumpia: A cream cheese and pineapple filled sweet treat dusted with cinnamon sugar (vegetarian)
- Dole Whip Float (vegan, gluten-free)
- Orange Dole Whip (all vegan, gluten-free)
- You can also get Orange/Pineapple swirl (this tasted like sour candy)
- You can also get Orange/Raspberry swirl (this was my favorite, and tasted like rainbow sherbet)
- Raspberry Dole Whip (all vegan, gluten-free)
- You can also get Orange/Raspberry swirl (seriously, the BEST)
- You can also get Raspberry/Pineapple swirl
- Traditional pineapple (vegan, gluten-free)
- Twisted Ambush: This is the sundae, which is orange/pineapple swirl, with pineapple and orange chunks, coconut shreds, crystalized hibiscus, and cookie sticks. It is vegan and gluten-free if you order without the cookie sticks. Vegetarian with the cookie sticks. This is a fun one to order since they bang a gong when an order is placed!
So sit back and relax, and enjoy the Tropical Hideaway you lucky people you! Here just the vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are laid out, to see more of the menus, check out my friend Sarah Sterling’s and vlog on Tropical Hideaway!