It’s been awhile since I have taken a trip to a tropical place! So you can imagine I am beyond excited to be headed on a two-week vacation to Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise! My daughter has never been to Disney World, and I’ve never been on a Disney Cruise before. This has been a trip that we have long awaited for, and it’s hard to believe in just a few days it’s beginning! For part of the trip, I’m taking a little internet break, but I will be sure to share all about the trip when I return. To say aloha to the beginning of our tropical vacation, I made a little Timon hula food art:
- Challah bread
- Purple carrot
- Orange carrot
- Optional whole wheat bread crust
- Use challah to cut the shape of Timon’s body. Use separate pieces of challah to cut the shape of his head, his arms, and his legs.
- Use the soft, inside part of the challah bread for the lighter parts of Timon’s body.
- Use an olive or Timon’s nose
- Use a darker part of your challah crust or whole wheat bread crust for Timon’s ears, feet, and hands.
- Shave off pieces of cucumber for Timon’s hula skirt.
- Shave off strands of a purple carrot for Timon’s lei.
- Cut pieces of orange carrot for Timon’s hair.
- Use a radish and radish leaf for the hibiscus flower on top of Timon’s head.
- Serve and enjoy!
This would be fun to make for a Lion King movie night, or even to announce to your loved one that you’re headed on a Disney vacation!