In the spirit of Halloween, I wanted to create a treat that is Disney villain inspired! I whipped up these gluten-free brownies, half white chocolate/half dark chocolate, topped with red frosting hearts and yellow frosting crowns. These Queen of Hearts brownies are the perfect treat to enjoy this season, whether you’re gluten-free or looking for a lighter tasting brownie:
Makes 8 large brownies
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt your white chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp coconut oil. In a separate bowl, melt your dark chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, and your melted dark chocolate.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, and your melted white chocolate.
- In each bowl, add a pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/3 cup coconut flour. Combine.
- Line each square of a silicone brownie pan with half of your dark chocolate batter, and half with your white chocolate batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, pipe some brownies with yellow frosting crowns, and some with red frosting hearts.