Princess Jasmine’s Pistachio and Date Muffins
Happy World Baking Day! To celebrate I baked one of my favorite things: Muffins! I took inspiration from Princess Jasmine, making whole wheat, healthy pistachio and date muffins. These muffins aren’t overly sweet, and are guilt-free! Both my toddler and myself loved them, which is always a huge plus!
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together your dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and oil.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients, in addition to chopped dates and pistachios.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to fully cool before eating.