Coming to theaters June 16th is Disney & Pixar’s Cars 3! To celebrate the third installment of Cars, I decided to make a vegan Lightning McQueen smoothie bowl! The smoothie bowl is made only with fruit and all-natural fruit juice, with the creamy texture of a sorbet. It is the perfect combination of sweet and tart. It is a red smoothie topped with orange and lemon zest, to represent Lightning McQueen’s racing stickers, and complete with a mango lightening bolt and number 95.
Smoothie Bowl Base:
-1 cup frozen cherries
-1/4 cup frozen pineapple
-1/3 cup 100% cherry juice
Smoothie Bowl Toppings:
-Lemon zest from 1 lemon
-Orange zest from 1 orange
- Using pieces of mango, cut a lightening bowl shape, and a “9” and “5”. Set aside
- Zest one lemon and one orange. Set zest aside.
- Blend all your smoothie ingredients together, then pour into a bowl.
- Top your bowl with your zest and then your lightening bolt, and 95.
- Enjoy your Lightning McQueen smoothie bowl!