Zootopia Ice Cream Sundae
March 4th marks the one year anniversary of Disney’s Zootopia! One of my personal favorite movies, and I know my daughter’s favorite Disney movie! With the anniversary coming up, and Disney Family having a Zootopia #DisneyWeekend theme, I set out to make a Zootopia-inspired recipe!
If you’re a Zootopia fan like us, you’ll recall one of the best scenes of the movie, where Judy meets Nick: the Jumbeaux’s Cafe scene!
It’s an ice cream parlor in the “elephant part of town”, where the ice cream sundaes are made just for elephants! Did you notice this beauty of an ice cream sundae being made in that scene?
Perfectly pink strawberry ice cream topped high with peanuts, and of course with a cherry on top! So this weekend I made a vegan and gluten-free Strawberry & Peanut sundae, just like the one at Jumbeaux’s Cafe!
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 10 oz can of coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp of peanut butter
- Peanuts in their shells
- Blend your can of coconut cream in a blender or food processor.
- Remove the coconut cream from the blender and place in a freezer safe container, set aside for later.
- In a blender, put in your mashed banana, maple syrup, and strawberries. Blend well.
- Mix your coconut cream and your other blended ingredients together in your freezer-safe container.
- Cover your container, and place in the freezer for 3 and a half hours. Stir the mixture around every half hour to keep the ice cream creamy. Serve immediately
- Melt your tablespoons of peanut butter by microwaving for 25 seconds.
- Top your strawberry ice cream with your peanut butter sauce, peanuts, and a cherry.
I hope you enjoy this vegan and gluten-free Zootopia-inspired ice cream sundae! Be sure to tag your pics of your re-creation of my recipe with #thehealthymouse