Skinny Honey Lemon Iced Tea Recipe
Loving Disney as much as I do, I often like to infuse Disney inspirations into my cooking and weekly meal plans! I wanted to make some recipes themed to “Big Hero 6.” Not only because it’s an awesome movie, but it seems like the perfect Disney culinary inspiration since it takes place in the fictional world of San Fransokyo, a fusion of San Francisco and Tokyo. Both cities have eclectic yet very different food scenes, making “Big Hero 6” a fun movie to interpret from screen to plate.
One of my “Big Hero 6” day recipes is a simple Honey Lemon iced tea, inspired by the cute and quirky character Honey Lemon! What makes this recipe skinny is that it is reminiscent of a delicious sweet tea, with some slight sour lemon, but without granulated sugar or artificial flavors.
For a single serving glass, you’ll need:
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T of raw honey
- Unsweetened black tea
For your unsweetened black tea, this can either be a store bought tea, such as Gold Peak, or self-brewed. To keep it skinny, just be sure your black tea is unsweetened and without artificial flavors.
- Put two of your thin lemon slices at the bottom of a tall glass, and use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to muddle the lemon slices.
2. Then add 1/2 T of honey, and stir. Then fill your glass with ice.
3. Add in your 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. This can either be from a bottle of natural lemon juice or fresh squeezed from a lemon.
4. Next, pour in your iced tea and 1.5 Tablespoons of raw honey, and stir.
5. Add in two more thin lemon slices for presentation, and you’re ready to enjoy!
If upon tasting your tea you would like it sweeter, feel free to add some more honey, or in contrast, if you want your tea to be more sour add more lemon slices or lemon juice.
I can’t wait to later on share more of my “Big Hero 6” inspired recipes, and I would love to hear what Disney movies and characters you would like to see my recipes inspired by!
In the meantime, enjoy a hot afternoon cooling off with this Skinny Honey Lemon iced tea!