A Nutritious Disney’s Frozen 2-Inspired Dessert From Dole
I am an official ambassador for Dole. Dole provided me with product samples for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine.
The Frozen 2 fun continues at the McDonald house! If you’ve been following me for awhile, you may have seen that I’ve worked with Dole for a couple of years, since they began their collaboration with Disney to make healthy eating fun and easy for families. When I began my blog, this was my goal with my own posts, so feel honored to get to work with Dole to spread the word about their Disney collaborations, where they create Disney-inspired recipes as well as produce with Disney-branded packages and stickers.
Dole’s most recent collaboration with Disney is for Frozen 2, and to kick it off I attended the Dole Blogger Summit and was able to taste the amazing recipes Dole created inspired by Disney’s Frozen 2. There are some that are absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving, such as the Arendelle Royal Holiday Stuffing and Enchanted Forest Sweet Potato Cardamom Pie. Another favorite that we recreated at home for breakfast were the D-Olaf Orangesicle Pancakes! After my family and I enjoyed the pancakes at home, I had my daughter Amelia pick the next Dole x Disney’s Frozen 2-inspired recipe we were going to make. She chose Dole Icicles!
- 8 cake pop or craft sticks
- 4 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sweetened dried blueberries
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free white or dark chocolate chips
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Insert sticks halfway into cut ends of bananas; place on prepared pan.
- Stir coconut and blueberries in a small bowl. Heat chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl in microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Drizzle bananas with chocolate; sprinkle with coconut mixture. Freeze icicles at least 2 hours before serving.
This was the perfect treat for a more nutritious snack to satisfy your sweet tooth! Plus they are super easy to make alongside your kids at home, which is always a plus! You can find the Dole Icicles recipe here, as well as more Dole x Disney’s Frozen 2-inspired recipes here.
Frozen 2 Gift Bag Giveaway
To celebrate the Dole and Disney’s Frozen 2 collaboration, I am giving away a Frozen 2 gift bag! There will be two winners, giveaway ends November 26th at 11:59 PT. Must live in the U.S. and be 18 years old or over. You can see some of the items in the gift package below:
Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Dole or Disney. Dole is simply providing the prizes.