Cute Star Wars Creatures Gingerbread Cookies
With this Disney Family #DisneyWeekend theme being gingerbread cookies, plus the opening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I had to bake a special treat for the two occasions! With so many cute Star Wars creatures in the universe, I had so much inspiration for these Star Wars gingerbread cookies! I pulled inspiration from R2D2, ewoks, BB-8, and the newest cute creature from The Last Jedi: porgs! Which Star Wars inspired gingerbread cookie do you think is too cute to eat?
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Refrigerated coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your other cookie ingredients.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients well, and then cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your dough on a cutting board lined with parchment paper. Add another layer of parchment paper on top, so your dough is sandwiched in between.
- Roll your dough out so it’s 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a small knife to cut the shape of a porg, R2, BB-8, and ewok.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. Allow cookies to thoroughly cool before decorating.
- Once ready to decorate, place refrigerated can of coconut cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl and mix together (an electric mixer works best).
- Place in a piping bag with a number 3 tip, and pipe the outlines and facial features of each Star Wars cute creature.
- Serve and enjoy!
Which Star Wars cute creature is your favorite? They are extra cute as inspired by Star Wars gingerbread cookies, aren’t they? 🙂 And I incorporated some green milk, something you might notice in The Last Jedi