Celebrate May the Fourth at Home – Star Wars Activities at Home
Next week is the ultimate holiday for Star Wars fans – May the Fourth (aka Star Wars day). To gear up for May the Fourth, I put together a list of Star Wars activities at home to have a virtual May the Fourth celebration. You can find recipes, crafts, coloring pages, videos, things to watch on Disney+ and more:
Recipes & Cocktails
To go with any celebration, you need some themed food and drinks of course! I compiled some of my favorite Star Wars recipes from my blog and other blogs too!
- Wookie Cookies (a healthier banana oatmeal cookie topped with chocolate) from Disney Family
- Mando ice cream sandwiches from StarWars.com
- For something more savory, this ewok rice bowl on StarWars.com
- One of my favorite food art recipes I’ve created is this Porg-wich!
- And speaking of Porgs, these porg pudding parfaits from Disney Family are so adorable!
- For Christmas time I had created Baby Yoda cookies, and what better time to practice your food art skills than May the Fourth? You can find my recipe and tutorial here.
- Geeks Who Eat recently created this copycat recipe for a Yub Nub (a cocktail from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge) at home!
- From the blog This Fairytale Life this cocktail is too cute because it’s themed after Baby Yoda!
If you’re looking for more Star Wars recipe ideas for May the Fourth, you can check out Star Wars’ blog’s recipe page here.
Crafts & Coloring Pages
- Star Wars’ website has a ton of coloring pages that you can download and print or color digitally on their site from the original and the newest trilogies.
- Disney Family also has the most adorable ewok coloring page.
- On my blog, you can find Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando coloring pages to print and download.
- Disney Family offers a simple DIY for Star Wars magnets made from bottle caps
- Disney Family has this adorable DIY clay ewok craft tutorial.
- Create Chewbacca and Porg felt finger puppets with this DIY from Disney Family.
Virtual Star Wars Convention
In a recent Tweet, New York City Comic Con announced that on May the Fourth they will have a virtual Star Wars convention! Including watch parties with live tweeting of Star Wars films, virtual panels, and Q & A with Ashley Eckstein:
We’re celebrating Star Wars in a big way next week. Tune in for movies, trivia, interviews with celebrities & authors, and live gaming! Visit https://t.co/c5NZPvJsGX for the full schedule.
— New York Comic Con (@NY_Comic_Con) April 29, 2020
Games to Play on May the Fourth
- On the Disney Parks Play app, if you visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in either the Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios section of the app you can listen to a Star Wars: Galaxy’s edge playlist, as well as play “Black Spire trivia”.
- Droid Depot app: Launched on May 4th, this app connects to a droid from Disneyland’s or Walt Disney World’s Droid Depot. You can program your droid to do dance moves, play tic-tac-toe, or use your phone as it’s remote control.
- Star Wars Mad Libs
- Star Wars Bop It in the shape of R2-D2
- Star Wars themed Operation
- Star Wars themed Guess Who
- Star Wars themed Clue
- LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens
Things to Watch on Disney+
- The Mandalorian
- The complete Skywalker saga of films (as of May 4th)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (8-part documentary series about the making of The Mandalorian airing May 4th)
- LEGO Star Wars Droid Tales
- LEGO Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars The Clone Wars
- Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy
Another bonus piece of content I wanted to share about that’s available on Netflix is a documentary about the history of Star Wars toys, called The Toys That Made Us (Season 1, Episode 1).
And those are a few fun ways to celebrate May the Fourth with some Star Wars activities at home! May the Fourth be with you! For other Disney at home activities, you can visit my post about Disney nature themed activities here, as well as my post on experiencing Disney history virtually.