Vegan Pumpkin Butter Cups Recipe
Fall is just getting started, so I am keeping the pumpkin recipes coming! My latest creation are healthy vegan chocolate pumpkin butter cups. My absolute favorite candy are chocolate peanut butter cups, so what better way to enjoy my favorite candy than with a healthy, vegan alternative that also has PUMPKIN in it?
Makes 12 cups
- 3/4 Cup melted dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips (I used vegan carob chips)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Pumpkin Butter Filling:
- 2.5 T pumpkin puree
- 1.5 T whole wheat flour
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
Makes 12 cups
1. Melt your chocolate chips in the stove top or microwave.
2. Mix all of your chocolate shell ingredients well.
3. I used candy liners (or mini muffin liners, they look just like regular paper muffin liners but miniature, you can find these at most groceries or at Michaels). Fill your liners halfway with chocolate.
4. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes, or till completely solid. While your chocolate is solidifying in the fridge, you can mix all of your pumpkin butter filling ingredients together.
5. Take your candies out of the fridge, and spread a thin dollop of pumpkin butter on each cup.
6. Next, top each cup with more chocolate until filled to the top. Put back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to solidify.