Since I am a health nut, yet have a sweet tooth, I love to make energy bites for a snack or dessert! Energy bites are little treats packed with protein and healthy fats. You see them in all sorts of yummy flavors; coconut, peanut butter, you name it! I decided to make mine with a little bit of a Disney twist, by making my vegan brownie energy bites look like Mickey hats! These iconic Disney Parks souvenirs made the perfect adorable model for these easy-to-make, no-bake treats that are ready in minutes. Just pop them in the fridge and enjoy all week!
Makes 12 bites
- 1/2 cup of dark cocoa discs (the darker the better). You can use any kind of round chocolate discs you choose, but just make note of ingredients and sugar content! If you can’t find chocolate discs, you can use blocks of dark cocoa and melt them down, and place in the shape of discs on parchment paper. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to solidify.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Additional chocolate discs for mouse ears.
- Using a food processor, blend all of your ingredients. I used my Ninja NutriBowl blender to make these, blending on the Dough setting with a Yes Boost.
- Roll your dough into balls, and place on a large plate.
- Put two chocolate discs on top of each bite to look like Mickey ear hats.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Enjoy your vegan energy bites, complete with Mickey ears!