With the Super Bowl weekend coming up, I wanted to create a vegan and healthy recipe for the occasion! With buffalo wings always being a popular dish at Super Bowl get togethers, I decided to make vegan buffalo cauliflower tots in their place! These tots and the buffalo dipping sauce are all-natural, vegan, and guilt-free!
Cauliflower Tot Ingredients
Makes 25-30 tots
- 2.5 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup riced brocolli
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds or flax seeds
- 2 cups almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 8 tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp basil
You can use a variety of other seasonings if you choose, in place of the ones I use, but I think they taste best with the combination I did.
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup hot sauce
- Optional: A couple drops of Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- If not already “riced”, rice your cauliflower and brocolli in a food processor or blender.
- Grind up your chia seeds or flaxseeds. Once ground, mix with your water.
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender, mix your seed/water mixture, brocolli, cauliflower, and all other ingredients together until fully blended.
- Rub your hands with oil, and form tater-tot sized bites with the mixture, placing on the pan about 1/2 inch apart. If your mixture isn’t forming into tots and is too wet, add in some more flour and stir into your mixture.
- Cook in the oven 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Right before serving, make your buffalo sauce mix by whisking ingredients together, and serving on the side to dip.