Universal Studios Hollywood Lunar New Year 2020
It’s that time of year again! It’s Universal Studios Hollywood’s Lunar New Year Celebration! It is primarily in the same courtyard area as where Grinchmas is held, but you can find some Lunar New Year merchandise and food offerings here and there throughout the Upper Lot of the park. I went around the park to try out their special food offerings, as well as other special things to experience during this celebration happening until February 9th.
Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop
My favorite part of Universal Studio Hollywood’s Lunar New Year Celebration is back: Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop. You can find some amazing ramen and pho dishes.
The vegetarian dish is ramen, and to be honest I will miss it once it’s gone. I think it’s my favorite Universal Studios Hollywood dish I’ve ever had! Other vegetarian offerings you can find here are the vegetable egg roll, and the sesame balls (like a red bean cake). You can check out the complete menu here:
Adjacent to where you can purchase these delicious noodle dishes, is the return of the popular Mr. Ping meet-and-greet! You can meet Mr. Ping, who interacts with you. I love this character meet-and-greet, since it feels like a very personalized character experience. You’re interacting with Mr. Ping in real time, and he takes his time interacting with each guest.
More Character Meet-and-Greets
In addition to meeting Mr. Ping, you can find other character meet-and-greets such as:
- Hello Kitty dressed for Lunar New Year
- Minions dressed for Lunar New Year
- Po and Tigress
- Mandarin-speaking Megatron from TRANSFORMERS
- Wishing Trees: These are located throughout the plaza, where you can place your New Year’s wish on a plum blossom tree!
- Feng the Palace Artist’s Stand: You can learn to draw the Po from Kung Fu Panda! Times throughout the day.
- Cultural Performances: On select days, you can see local performers do traditional Lion Dances.
I absolutely loved my afternoon at the Universal Studios Hollywood Lunar New Year celebration for 2020! My favorite things were Mr. Ping’s Noodles and the drawing classes. Be sure to visit by February 9th to experience the celebration!