Vegan + Vegetarian + Gluten-Free Items on Tangaroa Terrace New Menu
Tangaroa Terrace (the quick service restaurant adjacent to Trader Sam’s at Disneyland Hotel) just got a new look, and a new menu! It has reopened after a refurb as the Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar and Grill. It is still a quick service restaurant, but now it also has a bar that you can sit at to enjoy a drink, or walk up and order and take back to your seat at Tangaroa Terrace. Before Tangaroa Terrace had standard tables and chairs in their seating area, and no bar. Now, they added some lounge areas with tiki tables, couches, and chairs.
This new format makes it so easy to relax! You don’t have to wait inside Trader Sam’s to get a drink, and now with this extra ordering area for cocktails it has made both Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s less congested. At the walk-up bar, you can also order Dole Whips and Dole Whip floats! So order some food inside Tangaroa Terrace, grab a drink at the walk-up bar, and grab a seat on a tiki couch among the palm trees and feel the nice Southern California breeze!
Tangaroa Terrace Food Guide
Along with the physical changes to Tangaroa Terrace, they also have a new menu! While Trader Sam’s bar favorites like the panko-crusted long beans are on the menu, they also have new entrees and appetizers. I spoke with the Tangaroa Terrace chef about their items, including customizations to make items vegan and gluten-friendly! (Gluten-friendly means that an item is cooked on the same grill or among items that include gluten, so there is cross contamination with gluten. If you have a gluten allergy, it may not work for you to order gluten-friendly items. If it is a preference to be gluten-free, then that should be fine.)
- Chili Garlic Edamame (also gluten-friendly)
- Kalua-Style Poutine, ordered without pulled pork.
- Lentil Garden Bowl (also gluten-friendly and vegan)
- Shipwreck Nachos, ordered without pulled pork. (also gluten-friendly)
- Tangaroa Salad ordered without shrimp (also vegan)
- Panko-crusted long beans
- Lentil Garden Bowl (also gluten-friendly)
- Shipwreck Nachos ordered without pulled pork and aioli (also gluten-friendly)
- Tangaroa Salad ordered without shrimp
- Chili Garlic Edamame (also vegetarian)
- Lentil Garden Bowl (also vegan)
- Shipwreck Nachos
- Hawaiian cheeseburger, ordered with the gluten-free bun and with a side of fruit instead of fries
For more Disney food guides from The Healthy Mouse, click here.