Bambi Inspired Fall Harvest Sweet Potato Casserole – Vegetarian Recipe
Have a comforting meal and a wonderful fall feast with this vegetarian sweet potato casserole. It’s savory with a little sweet, and a touch of Disney magic with the Bambi and Thumper-inspired pie crust cut outs! It is sure to be a fall recipe favorite, and is perfect for vegetarians on Thanksgiving!
- 3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 12 peeled pearl onions
- 1 cup of English peas
- 1/2 a cup of melted unsalted butter
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 Pre-made pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and dice all of your veggies, and combine in a bowl.
- Pour your veggies into a casserole dish.
- Mix together your casserole dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, and set aside to allow the sage flavor to soak into the butter.
- Print out the Bambi inspired template, which you can download here.
- Cut out the Thumper and Bambi inspired silhouettes, and then on an un-rolled pre-made pie crust, use a toothpick to trace the shapes. Cut out 6 Bambi shapes and 6 Thumper shapes.
- Remove the sage leaves from your dressing, and then pour all of it over your casserole evenly, leaving about 1 Tbsp leftover in the bowl.
- Place your pie cut out shapes on top of the casserole, my dish fit about 15 shapes. Typical casserole dishes will fit 12-18 shapes.
- Using your remaining dressing, brush lightly onto the pie crust shapes.
- Bake for 40 minutes.