Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Walt Disney World
The long-awaited expansion to Walt Disney World has finally opened, inviting us all to explore the planet of Batuu! Are you as excited as I am about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Walt Disney World? My friends at Get Away Today have all the details on Black Spire Outpost in Galaxy’s Edge, and what you can find when you visit. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge offers an experience like none other at Walt Disney World. Spread over 14 acres in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’ll find rides, shopping and dining that makes you feel like you truly have landed on a foreign planet.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Rides & Experiences
● Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run – Climb aboard the Millennium Falcon for the ride of your life! Working as pilot, gunner or engineer you can deliver goods for Hondo Ohnaka on the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
● Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Opening December 5, 2019 at Walt Disney World, this ride will be a galactic experience from start to finish. It boasts the most advanced tech of any ride yet as you join up with the Resistance to fight the First Order. Rumor has it you will encounter life-sized AT-ATs!
● Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers – Make a reservation at Savi’s and join 13 other guests building a custom lightsaber. You can bring two guests with you to witness your build and participate in the initiation ceremony. This experience costs $199.99, and reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.
● Droid Depot – Looking for more than just a souvenir to bring back from Galaxy’s Edge? Then head to Droid Depot and make your very own custom droid sidekick. Choose between BB- and R-series models, custom colors and a personality chip. This experience costs $99.99, and each builder may have one guest accompany him/her.
● Play Disney Parks App – Download the Play Disney Parks app to interact with Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World. Use your mobile device as a data pad that allows you to translate languages, hack into computer systems and more.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Shopping
● Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities – Shop for jewelry, kyber crystals and even ready-made lightsabers at Dok-Ondar’s.
● Black Spire Outfitters – Look the part of the Resistance with items from this outpost in Galaxy’s Edge. You won’t find Disney-branded apparel here; instead you can choose traditional attire the locals wear.
● Creature Stall – If you want to bring home a little creature from Galaxy’s Edge, stop by this outpost. Take a look at the animatronic Loth Cat in the entrance and continue browsing other creatures ready to be adopted.
● Toydarian Toymaker – Find toys, collectibles and more handcrafted by Zabaka the Toydarian.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Dining
● Oga’s Cantina – Reservations are required to enter Oga’s Cantina, a family-friendly lounge with out-of-this-world drinks. Choose between non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks (two drink maximum) and enjoy your libations while listening to the tunes of DJ R-3X.
● Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo – Tucked in a hangar bay, you can find this dining spot where Chef Cookie Tuggs dishes up intergalactic bites. It offers both breakfast and lunch/dinner menus, so you can choose between items such as Tuggs’ Morning Oats, Braised Shaak Roast (beef pot roast), Felucian Garden Spread (vegetarian loaf) and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (chicken).
● Ronto Roasters – Enjoy meats grilled to perfection on an old pod racing engine. Here you’ll find wraps, jerky and non-alcoholic beverages.
● Milk Stand – Get a cold, refreshing glass of Blue or Green Milk, which are non-dairy drinks served frozen. While it’s hard to pinpoint the exact flavors, Green Milk is described as having a more floral taste, while Blue Milk is more fruity. You’ll have to try each to see which one you like best!
● Kat Saka’s Kettle – Popcorn is always popular at Walt Disney World, and this version is a delightful mix of sweet and savory.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Book with Get Away Today and Save
Get Away Today is known for specializing in Disneyland vacations, but did you know they also have Walt Disney World experts ready to help you plan your Orlando trip? And now that you know all there is to experience in brand-new Galaxy’s Edge, it’s time to go! When you book a Walt Disney World vacation with Get Away Today, you can enjoy specials such as Free Dining Plans, complimentary theme park shuttles and more. Check out Orlando vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com or talk to a friendly travel specialist at 855-GET-AWAY. Be sure to mention The Healthy Mouse when you book over the phone for $10, or the code HEALTHYMOUSE10 online for $10 off your vacation!