Pixar The Blue Umbrella Inspired Food Art
One of my favorite Pixar shorts of all time is The Blue Umbrella! I’m just a sap for any sort of romantic story, especially if it’s animated! Pixar’s The Blue Umbrella is one of the most touching animated short films I’ve ever seen, and with spring around the corner (and hopefully some rainy days for us Californians) I thought it would be the perfect time to create a plate of healthy food art inspired by The Blue Umbrella.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 4 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
- Plant based blue and red food coloring
- Cut 2 slices of bread in the shape of your umbrellas. Use the crust of the bread slices for the umbrella handles.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of cream cheese with a couple pinches of your blue plant based food coloring. Spread on one slice of your bread.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of cream cheese with a couple pinches of your red plant based food coloring. Spread on one slice of your bread.
- Use banana slices to make rain clouds.
- Use blueberries as rain drops!
- Cut pieces of blueberries to use for the umbrellas’ eyes, mouth, and eyebrows.
Enjoy a rainy spring day serving up this tasty and simple breakfast food art inspired by Pixar The Blue Umbrella!