Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
Today is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day! I am absolutely obsessed with anything PB & J, especially when it’s done with a little more of a grown-up taste. I decided for breakfast this morning to make these vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly pancakes! The vegan Peanut Butter pancakes have an all-fruit preserves filling, with a natural fruit-infused maple syrup topping! This is PB & J on a whole new, gourmet level!
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe mashed bananas (or 1/4 cup maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for syrup:
- 1/4 cup preserves
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- Mix your almond milk, mashed banana, and oil together.
- Then, add in the rest of your ingredients, combine well.
- Cook on stove top on each side till golden brown.
- To make your syrup, mix your preserves and maple syrup together.
- Top your pancakes with peanut butter and your “jelly” syrup.