Inspired by Paddington 2 – Paddington Food Art
I recently had the pleasure of seeing Paddington 2 with my daughter at Warner Bros, and we both absolutely loved it! I thought it was one of the best family films I had seen in recent years. Now that Paddington 2 is out in theatres, I thought it would be fun to make a Paddington food art breakfast to celebrate! Inspired by Paddington Bear’s favorite food ever, I created an orange marmalade sandwich topped with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 2 strawberries
Orange Marmalade Ingredients:
- 1 large orange
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup honey
- Peel your orange and place orange slices in a blender until pureed.
- Place orange puree, water, and honey in a small pot, and bring to high heat.
- Once bubbling, place heat on low and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Once thick, remove from heat. Once cooled off a bit, place in a jar and refrigerate overnight.
- To enjoy your Paddington food art breakfasts, cut your slices of whole grain bread into a slight oval shape, sandwiching orange marmalade in between your slices.
- Place it on a plate, and place a couple rows of blueberries under your sandwich to represent Paddington’s jacket.
- Use small amounts of marmalade to “glue” blueberries on Paddington’s face for his eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cut two small pieces of your bread crust for Paddington’s ears.
- Scatter raspberries and strawberries to form Paddington’s hat.