Muppet Babies Animal Carrot Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
I am beyond excited for the re-imagining of Muppet Babies airing on March 23rd on Disney Junior! When I was at Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, I had a sneak peak at the first episode, and it is an incredible show! I have been watching clips of the show on Disney Junior’s YouTube, and my daughter already loves it. It’s her first introduction to the Muppets, and I must say it’s pretty exciting for her to learn about these characters I loved my whole life! To celebrate the premiere on Disney Junior, we made some all-natural Muppet Babies Animal Carrot Oatmeal Cookies for an at-home viewing party! They’re made with just a few ingredients (that you probably already have in your pantry). They’re also vegan and gluten-free! As Kermit would say: yaaaay!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp 100% Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut or grapeseed oil
- 2 strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together all of your ingredients thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and form 6 medium cookies with your hand on the pan.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Allow cookies to thoroughly cool before decorating!
- Place your dark chocolate in a dish with a 1/2 Tbsp oil, and melt in microwave or stovetop. Do the same with your white chocolate, as well.
- Place dark chocolate in a piping bag, and white chocolate in a piping bag, cutting off the tips (just leave a small hole for piping).
- Use the chocolate to pipe on the eyes, eyebrows, mouth, teeth, and a dot of chocolate to “glue” the strawberry nose on.
- Cut shapes for Animal’s nose and tongue out of strawberries. Place onto cookie.
- Allow chocolate to harden, then serve and enjoy at your Muppet Babies viewing party!