To celebrate National Sandwich Day, I made an easy and healthy sandwich for my daughter based on one of her favorite characters: Mater from Pixar Cars! This Mater Sandwich is actually a TOMATer sandwich!
- Vine ripened tomato slices
- Whipped light cream cheese
- Whole grain bread
- 1 slice of cucumber
- Stack two slices of whole grain bread on top of each other, and cut in the shape of forward facing Mater
- Use the crust of your bread for the bottom of his windshield, his bumper, tires, and side view mirrors.
- Spread whipped cream cheese and tomato slices inside your sandwich.
- Use whipped cream cheese for his windshield, teeth, and headlights.
- Cut two small circles out of a cucumber rind for Mater’s eyes.
- Use a tomato for Mater’s tongue.
- Serve and enjoy!