Maleficent Smoothie Bowl
If there’s one thing I love making, it’s a Disney-inspired smoothie bowl! I decided to create my very first Disney Villain smoothie bowl, a Maleficent bowl that’s a matcha green tea vanilla smoothie topped with cocoa nibs. I love the flavor combination of light and creamy with a rich tasting chocolatey shell!
- 1 Tbsp sweet matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for extra flavor
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- Pinch of purple natural food powder (I combine blue and red Color Kitchen colors to make this)
- Drizzle of grapeseed oil
- Blend together your smoothie ingredients and then pour into a bowl. Place in freezer to keep frozen while preparing your chocolate.
- Using a stovetop or microwave, stir your 1/4 cup cocoa nibs and 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil together and melt together. Place in piping bag with small round tip.
- Pull bowl out of freezer and pipe on two cocoa horns. Place in freezer again while you prep the purple portion of your chocolate.
- Mix together white chocolate chips and grapeseed oil, melting. Once melted, add in your pinches of blue and red natural food coloring until combined and purple.
- Place in a piping bag with tip and pipe on horn stripes and outline the horns to make the design extra vivid. *Note: You won’t use all the chocolate, but I like to put extra in the ingredients list for easier piping.
- Serve and enjoy!