This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #RediscoverLaMorena #CollectiveBias
I have been a vegetarian now for a decade, and have loved discovering and playing around with the flavors of so many vegetable dishes. Creating vegetable-centric dishes helps give me energy, and is nourishing way to feed my family. Now that the colder months are approaching, I am cooking very frequently with my crock pot. One of my favorite recipes from this season, which I am excited to share with you, is a vegetarian black bean chili. I have made many vegetarian chilis before, but have been rediscovering what amazing tastes I can create with vegetarian dishes by using LA MORENA®‘s jalapeno peppers to add and enhance flavors. LA MORENA® has been the leader of chiles and peppers for over 45 years, bringing people in the US high quality products full of taste and quality, with an authentic Mexican flavors and recipes. It’s warm, comforting, delicious, and packs a lot of flavor, thanks to a very special ingredient I like to use in vegetarian dishes: LA MORENA® Whole Jalapenos.
When I was recently shopping for groceries at Food 4 Less, I wanted to find some sort of sauce or spice to give my black bean chili the flavor and spicy kick I desired. When I came across LA MORENA®‘s Whole Jalapenos, I knew they would do the trick!
- 32 oz of low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cans of black beans
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow diced onion
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- LA MORENA® Whole Jalapenos, 13.3 oz.
- Optional topping: LA MORENA® sliced jalapenos
- Place grapeseed oil and diced onions in a crock pot on high, sauteeing for 3 minutes.
- Place your broth, sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and LA MORENA® whole jalapenos 13.3 oz in your crock pot if you want your chili very spicy. If you would like it less spicy, add half a can. Cover for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add in your drained and rinsed cans of black beans, stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Serve and enjoy, topping with some LA MORENA® sliced jalapenos if you desire!
In the past when I’ve made chili, I had always used lots of powdered spices. They gave it flavor, but not in the same way as LA MORENA®’s whole and sliced jalapenos. These peppers have really amped up my chili recipes, melting flavor into every bite of the chili, blending well with the black beans and sweet potatoes. It is the perfect comforting and hearty dish for vegetarians, or to enjoy for meatless Mondays! To rediscover more ways you can use LA MORENA®, and for more recipe inspiration you can visit here.
Pin for later: