Disclosure: This visit was hosted but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My Experience Staying at Hilton Anaheim
Since I know many of my readers travel frequently to Disneyland, I often get the question about good places to stay around the Disneyland Resort area. One hotel I’ve wanted to stay at to get the scoop on for quite some time is Hilton Anaheim! Since I’ve gone to many many conventions at Anaheim Convention Center (which is right next door to Hilton), I have gotten appetizers and cocktails many time in the hotel’s lovely lobby lounge. Last week on the night before attending the Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures, I stayed at Hilton Anaheim for the first time!
I stayed with my daughter, along with my friend and her daughter. We thought it would be super fun for them to play at Hilton’s pool then have a slumber party. Here’s a rundown of the offerings we took advantage of during our stay:
- We got Amazon Prime Now delivery: I realized when I was about to make the long drive to Anaheim there were a few things I needed, but the kids were wanting to go to the hotel since they were so excited. We didn’t want to run more errands and then get stuck in rush hour traffic. So, I placed an Amazon Prime Now order, which you can have delivered to the FedEx Office that’s inside the hotel. Once we got to the hotel, I popped into FedEx Office an hour and a half after ordering and it was there.
- The Character Shop: Hilton Anaheim has an amazing gift shop called The Character Shop. It’s a great place to get Disney souvenirs, or special items for a slumber party like Disney pajamas, or get yummy snacks for your stay or to take by the pool.
- The pool: We went to the pool with our daughters for quite some time. It’s very spacious, both the pool itself and the lounge area by the pool. There is also a water playground as well as a poolside bar and lounge area just outside the pool gate. You can get cocktails there then take it back with you to the pool.
- Transportation to Disneyland: Outside Hilton Anaheim, they have shuttle buses that take you to the Harbor entrance of Disneyland. The drive is super fast, about 5 minutes. Outside the hotel, you can purchase tickets to use the bus. For an adult and child it was $7.50 total to use unlimited for the whole day. If you choose to walk it’s about 15-20 minutes.
- Slumber party with a view: Finally it was time to get some R & R after we got back from Disneyland! The kids had their Disney pajamas on, they had yummy snacks, we watched TV, and the beds were super comfy. Something that made the room extra special was that we had a room with a view of Disneyland. You could see the lights of Main Street and Pixar Pier, and the girls could see the fireworks from our window!
- Starbucks: The next morning, we easily got Starbucks since there’s one inside the hotel! Perfect for me, as you all know I can’t get enough Starbucks! The line can get long if there’s a convention happening, so the earlier you go the better.
Other amenities that are available at Hilton Anaheim that we didn’t use this time:
- Food Court: There is a quick service food court inside the hotel, which I didn’t use this time but have visited during conventions.
- Mix lounge: The cocktails, atmosphere, and service is always fantastic here!
- Mix Restaurant: This restaurant adjacent to the lobby has a lovely atmosphere! It would be great for date night dining. I have yet to try the food here but hope to soon!
- Spa & Health Club: Also on property is a spa, salon, and fitness area! I would love to try out a spa treatment here someday! It would especially be nice after lounging by the pool area for a vacation full of relaxation.
So there’s the scoop on our stay at Hilton Anaheim! Even though you do have to pay for parking and the shuttle has a fee, the rest of the amenities are so nice it’s well worth the extra costs, in my opinion. Plus the convenience of having a great store, in-room service and restaurants and lounges all in one place make for a wonderful hotel stay. It would especially be great during D23 Expo, since it’s right outside the Anaheim Convention Center! To learn more about Hilton Anaheim or to book your stay, visit their site here.