Healthy and Simple Guacamole
The Problem with Most Guacamole
Like most Southern Californians, I love guacamole! But until recently I hardly ever had it. Why? Because it was either one (or all) of three things:
(1) Mix packets or store bought guacamole often have too much sodium or other added foods not conducive to healthy or natural eating lifestyles
(2) If you’re wanting guacamole for just a meal or two in your meal plan, you end up with too much left over that turns brow within a day.
(3) It’s too expensive!
My solution was to fix all of those problems by making an affordable, small portion guacamole that was made with all natural, healthy ingredients. And a bonus is that it is quick and easy to make!
-One Small Avocado
-One lime or a squirt of lime juice
-Red Pepper flakes
-Salt Free Chili Powder
Chili powder and red pepper flakes are a pantry staple for me, since they are “clean” ingredients, and I’m a lover of spicy food. Since I always have a stock in my cupboard, I only had to get a lime and an avocado!
- Cut your avocado in half, and put in a bowl to prepare.
2. Add a teaspoon of chili powder and a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Top with squirting the juice of half your lime.
3. Mash your avocado with a fork, and mix all your ingredients together well.
4. Taste, and add any additional lime, chili powder, or pepper flakes that you desire! Makes enough servings for 2 people. Perfect amount to top on some tacos or a salad!
Healthy and Simple Guacamole, serves 1-2 people.
-Lime juice from 1/2 lime
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp red pepper flakes
-1 small avocado
Put your avocado in a bowl, mash avocado, and mix all the ingredients together. Serve immediately.