Toy Story 4 Forky Christmas Cookies With Printable Template
This year has been an extra special one for me, and a lot of that has to do with Toy Story 4! I had a few dreams come true, being able to Pixar Studios for the first time to go on an early press day this spring. I was also able to go on my first press trip to Walt Disney World for the Toy Story 4 press junket and get to attend an interview with my favorite actor, Tom Hanks.
Since Toy Story 4 was so special to me earlier this year, I wanted to continue to make this movie a special part of my life throughout this year! At Halloween time, I created a Forky pumpkin (you can find the stencil here), and for Christmas I decided to make Toy Story 4 Forky Christmas cookies! And to be honest, they may be my favorite Christmas cookies ever. And for you to easily recreate the cookies, I included a free printable template for you to make your Christmas cookies:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Frosting and Decor:
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp meringue powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring in ivory (you can find at craft stores), and food coloring in blue, green, red and black
- Mix together sugar and butter in a mixer until completely combined.
- Whisk together eggs in a separate small bowl, and add it into butter and sugar mixture, along with vanilla extract and milk.
- Once combined, in a separate bowl whisk together you flour and baking powder.
- Add in your dry mixture to your wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in fridge for about an hour.
- On a cutting board, sprinkle flour, and take out your ball of dough and lightly roll it in the flour, then roll out with a rolling pin.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Print out the Forky cookie cutter template here, and cut it out, cutting around the outside of the black lines. Then place that on your dough and use a sharp paring knife to cut your Forky cookie shapes.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and allow to cool completely before decorating.
Frosting and Decorating Directions
- Mix together meringue powder and water until foaming.
- Add in vanilla extract, combine.
- Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time, thoroughly combining after each cup is added.
- Seperate your frosting into four separate bowls
- Place one bowl of your frosting into a piping bag, and pipe the white part of your Forky (so from the “clay” part of him up).
- While the white frosting is halfway dry, place a small piece of Twizzler near the top of his head for his eyebrows.
- Next, in one of your bowls of frosting, add some of your ivory color in for a light beige. Use this to pipe the “clay” portion of Forky, leaving room for his feet.
- If you have remaining ivory icing, add additional ivory coloring to it to make it a slightly darker shade of ivory, using this to pipe his popsicle feet.
- From your other bowl of frosting, take out a small portion to mix with black food coloring. Use this to pipe Forky’s pupils.
- Then with another small amount of frosting, dye blue and use to pipe Forky’s mouth, along with a small portion of the rainbow sticker on his feet.
- Dye another small portion of frosting green to add to your rainbow on Forky’s feet.
- Lastly, dye some of your frosting a light red to pipe for Forky’s rainbow.
- Lastly, use Twizzlers to wrap around his body for Forky’s arms. Use two seperate pieces of Twizzlers on either side of him to form his hands.
And there you have it! Toy Story 4 Forky Christmas cookies! You can also find another new Christmas cookie recipe of mine, Baby Yoda cookies inspired by Disney+’s The Mandalorian here.