Vegetarian Options at Disneyland Resort Festival of Holidays 2017
I was so excited to learn that Festival of Holidays is back at Disney’s California Adventure this year! Being a foodie, I absolutely love being able to try an array of different goodies at the various booths each time I visit the parks. I also love that if I want a snack, I can get one for a vary reasonable price (many of the Festival of Holiday items are $4.25). I wanted to lay out all the vegetarian options I found at Festival of Holidays this year for my fellow vegetarians! Each booth has dessert offerings, which are obviously vegetarian, so I am just going to focus on the vegetarian non-dessert options:
Chips, Breads, & Holiday Spreads
- I had to give a shout out to the Cranberry Pear Tart at this booth. It is served cold with rosemary whipped cream, and was very light and not overly sweet!
Brews & Bites
- Warm Bavarian Pretzel
- Mac n cheese with cornbread crumbles
Classic Crocks & Casseroles
- Chana Masala with grilled garlic naan
- Green Bean & Mushroom Casserole
Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Windery
- Portobello Mushroom and Zucchini Gilled Pladina
- Freshly baked sourdough pull apart bread (cheddar or jalapeno)
A Twist on Tradition
- Butternut squash & almond pakora fritters
- Yule Log (Another dessert I had to give a shout out to, since it is my favorite Disneyland holiday dessert year after year)!
Festive Holiday Extras
- Order the brussel sprouts with goat cheese and cranberries without bacon
- Baked cheesy scalloped potatoes
- Sweet potato pie
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that there seemed to be less vegetarian options this year, as well as less healthy offerings. I do love to splurge now and again (hello, yule log cake!), but when you go to the parks frequently, it’s nice to be able to have some more light, healthy options. Probably my favorite lighter option were the butternut squash fritters, and my favorite more indulgent option was the mac and cheese! And while you’re at the Festival of Holidays 2017, be sure to stop by the craft tables, character meet-and-greets, and check out the amazing musical entertainment happening throughout the event!