Disney Junior Fancy Nancy Inspired Papillon Crepes
To celebrate the premiere of Disney Junior Fancy Nancy, a show my daughter already LOVES (the first episode was available for early download on Amazon), we had a fancy breakfast to celebrate – inspired by papillon (that’s French for butterfly, and Nancy just LOVES butterflies!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Dark cocoa almond butter
- Strawberries for the side
- Mix together dry crepe ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients, and combine thoroughly.
- Using a medium pan, coat with coconut oil till melted and hot.
- On medium heat, pour in your better (making 1 crepe at a time).
- Cook until very lightly brown on each side.
- Allow it to cool slightly, and cut in the shape of Papillon (a butterfly with very rounded wings)
- Use a Ziploc bag with a small whole cut in or a piping bag to pipe dark cocoa almond butter for the finishing touches of your butterfly.
- Serve with strawberries on the side, and voila! A magnifique petit déjeuner! (that means a magnificent breakfast in French)