To celebrate National Blueberry Muffin day in Disney style, I created Judy’s Family Farm Blueberry Carrot muffins, a healthy, all-natural recipe inspired by Zootopia. Filled with carrots (of course any bunny’s favorite treat), and packed with juicy blueberries (another crop from Judy’s family’s farm), these muffins are a delicious breakfast or snack to get some fruits and veggies!
Makes 1/2 dozen regular muffins or 1 dozen mini muffins.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your applesauce, yogurt, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup, and your melted coconut oil (add coconut oil last).
- Combine both your wet and dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly with a spoon.
- Fold in your shredded carrots and blueberries.
- Place in a lined or greased muffin tin and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Enjoy your healthy and delicious blueberry carrot muffins!