To celebrate the 56th anniversary of the release of Walt Disney Animation Studio’s 101 Dalmatians, I decided to do something a little different from a recipe. It tunes into something my readers all know I love: coffee! My husband and I have a collection of adorable crocheted Disney-inspired coffee sleeves, so I thought it would be fun to make DIY Pongo and Perdita inspired 101 Dalmatian coffee sleeves:
I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial, I had so much fun making these! Below is a step-by-step guide on making them:
- One sheet of white felt
- One sheet of black felt (I used black sticker felt, which you can find at most Michaels, to make sticking the spots on easier).
- One sheet of red felt
- One sheet of blue felt
- One sheet of gold felt
- White elastic
- Hot glue gun or super glue
Instructions (Break down of video)
- Using a torn open coffee sleeve, trace two coffee sleeves with your marker onto the white felt, then cut out these shapes.
- Line up your white felt cut outs with the actual coffee sleeve, and make a mark on each side where the coffee sleeve won’t be visible. (about an inch on each side)
- Using a white colored pencil or marker, draw Dalmatian spots on your black felt, then cut them out.
- Using your white felt cut out pieces, trace the top of it onto your blue felt and your red felt. This will give you a perfectly fit collar!
- Next, draw and cut out two small diamond shapes from the gold felt for the collar tags.
- Using a hot glue gun or super glue, glue on your spots, collar, and collar tag.
- Cut out about four, one-inch pieces of your elastic.
- Put a dot of glue on each end of the elastic, and use two pieces of elastic for each sleeve to close it together.
- To finish off, add a dot of glue to your open corner on your coffee sleeve.
I would love to see pictures of your 101 Dalmatian DIY coffee sleeves! Be sure to tag me @thehealthymosue on Instagram!